Firehouse Favorite: White Chicken Chili
Chili is a staple around most fire stations. It’s a perfectly customizable, belly-filling dish with lots of good ingredients to fuel the firefighters. It’s also a firehouse tradition!
While White Chicken Chili isn’t your first thought when you hear the word chili, it IS delicious and delightfully flavorful. Give it a try and see what your squad thinks!
- 1 1/4 pounds Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast, cut into small cubes
- 2-15 oz cans Great Northern Beans (drained)
- 1-15 oz can White Corn (drained)
- 1-14 oz can Chicken Broth
- 1-10.5 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1-4 oz can Green Chile Peppers, chopped
- 1-1.25 oz package Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
Layer chicken, beans, and corn into a crock pot / slow cooker
Mix broth, cream of chicken soup, chile peppers, and taco seasoning in a bowl. Pour over chicken mixture.
Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. Stir in sour cream and cheese. Cover and let cook until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.